This course is focused on the clinical understanding of the diagnoses related to upper extremity myofascial chain. Starting from the anatomy of the fascia, moving through evidence based articles, understanding of a variety of “missed “diagnoses related to myofascial restrictions and examples of treatment options and techniques. This course is a concise resource for the practicing clinician to solve those” mystery” diagnosis the next day due to vague symptoms and makes it hard to point to the exact source as it may be an etiology anywhere along the chain mimicking the symptoms. The participant should look forward to an energetic, interactive presentation with simplistic explanations of complex concepts and case studies with pop questions.
- To establish a clear understanding of the differences between fascial and myofascial pain in the upper extremity.
- To learn about the pathology and differential diagnosis of myofascial pain, including its potential causes and symptoms.
- To explore the evidence-based Myofascial chains and their relevance to upper extremity pain.
- To enable attendees to identify the upper extremity myofascial chains and their associated dysfunctions.
- To enhance attendees' knowledge of the diagnosis of upper extremity myofascial pain through case studies and research articles.
- To provide attendees with evaluation and treatment techniques that are targeted and effective for upper extremity myofascial pain.
- To empower attendees to apply the knowledge and skills gained from the webinar in clinical settings, improving patient outcomes through accurate diagnosis and effective treatment of myofascial pain in the upper extremity.
*** includes treatment videos
Physical therapists/ Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists , physiotherapy assistants, Occupation therapy assistants, Massage therapists, athletic trainers.
This physiotherapy webinar is designed to equip participants with a deep understanding of myofascial pain in the upper extremity. The course will cover the differentiation between fascial and myofascial pain, the pathology and differential diagnosis of myofascial pain, and the evidence-based Myofascial chains. Participants will learn how to identify and diagnose upper extremity myofascial chains and their associated dysfunctions, with a focus on evaluation and treatment techniques. Through case studies and research articles, attendees will gain a comprehensive knowledge of upper extremity myofascial pain diagnoses and enhance their skills in designing targeted treatment plans. The course will also explore the clinical implications of forward head posture and the use of varied manual therapies for myofascial pain. This webinar is ideal for physiotherapists seeking to improve their diagnostic and treatment skills for upper extremity myofascial pain, providing them with the tools necessary to deliver better care for their patients.
Intermediate/ Advanced level
This course aims to introduce the myofascial chains of the upper limb and describe how myofascial dysfunction can present in a clinical setting.
At the end of this course candidate will be able to:
- Identify and differentiate the four upper limb myofascial chains.
- Discuss the referral patterns associated with the upper limb myofascial chains.
- Describe the upper limb stabilisation tracts and their role in myofascial pain.
- Evaluate and assess patients with myofascial symptoms in clinical scenarios.
- Develop targeted treatment plans based on the evaluation of myofascial symptoms in the upper limb.
- Apply the knowledge gained in this course to improve patient outcomes in clinical settings.