In this webinar, we will explore the connection between the anatomy and physiology of muscle contraction and the myofascia and trigger points that can lead to pain. We will delve into the importance of understanding dysfunctional myofascial chains and how foam rolling can be an effective tool in addressing them. We will review evidence-based research on foam rolling, including the types of rollers available, their functions, and the benefits of incorporating them into rehabilitation programs. Additionally, we will cover the techniques for foam rolling major muscle groups to improve muscle length and mobility, and address trigger points to add another effective tool to your toolbox for rehabilitation.
By the end of this webinar, you will have gained valuable knowledge and skills to better serve your clients and patients in their journey towards improved health and wellness.
1. Anatomy and Physiology Mastery: Gain a comprehensive understanding of muscle anatomy and physiology, and explore how foam rolling techniques can impact muscle function and performance.
2. Myofascial and Autonomic Nervous System Insights: Analyze the effects of foam rolling on myofascia and its connection to the autonomic nervous system, unlocking the potential for holistic approaches to wellness.
3. Benefits Assessment: Evaluate the multifaceted benefits of foam rolling, including improvements in posture, pain management, and heightened body awareness, enabling participants to appreciate the full scope of its advantages.
4. Practical Skill Development: Develop practical skills in foam rolling techniques for major muscle groups in both the upper and lower extremities. This hands-on training equips participants to apply foam rolling effectively in their practice.
5. Clinical Application: Correlate specific foam rolling techniques to various diagnoses and conditions, providing a foundation for tailored therapeutic approaches that address individual patient needs.
6. Effective Communication: Cultivate effective communication skills for educating others about foam rolling and its benefits. Learn to articulate the value of foam rolling in promoting overall well-being, helping to disseminate this knowledge to peers and patients. By addressing these objectives, this webinar will provide participants with a comprehensive and practical understanding of the effectiveness of foam rolling, enhancing their ability to utilize this valuable technique in the field of physiotherapy.
Total duration :3 Hours
30 min : Anatomy and physiology of muscle and muscle contraction.
45 min: Effect of rolling on myofascia, trigger point and benefits
45 min: Evidence based research on foam rolling.
30 min: Foam rolling techniques for major muscle groups ( videos) : soleus, gastrocnemius, tibialis, peroneals, Quadriceps, psoas, piriformis, pectorals, latissimus dorsi, thoracic spine